Group Therapy in NYC for Men and Women
New York City Location
113 Washington Place
New York, NY 10014
200 Delhi Road
Scarsdale, NY 10583
Looking for Group Therapy in NYC?
Are You Looking to Feel More Connected? Feel Alone and Isolated?
- Are you hurting because of a divorce or the end of a relationship?
- Do you feel isolated and alone, depressed or anxious?
- Is your life not where you thought it would be? Let us help.
At the Gestalt Therapy Institute, we offer group therapy for men and women who are looking to benefit from the experience of group dynamics.
The Power of Group Psychotherapy to Foster Growth and Wholeness
Time and again, we’ve seen the benefits that being in group therapy can bring to everyone involved. The supportive environment that you’ll find in group work tends to allow you to feel safe, be more vulnerable and, consequently, more inclined to take on the issues that keep getting in your way. In addition, watching other group members confront emotional challenges can give you the courage you need to address your own issues.
We offer two different types of group psychotherapy sessions:
- Hot set group therapy—In hot seat therapy, we work as a group, but we focus on one member of the group at a time. Participants volunteer to take the hot seat, where they work one-on-one with one of us. Other group members observe and may participate in ways which would help foster the awareness and growth of the “working” member.
- Interactive group therapy—There is no specific structure for this format. We encourage open conversation among participants, and focus our attention on how people interact with each other in the group, as that is almost always an indicator of how they deal with others outside the group. We look specifically at participants’ ability to manage intimacy, conflict and disclosure; and at how they are able to give and receive emotional support
Contact Our Office for Group Therapy
To find out more about our therapy groups, please contact our office online or call us in New York City at 212-679-2424 or in Scarsdale at 914-472-9878 or in.
Alan Cohen, MSW, LCSW, ACSW, BCD, LP | Connie Newman, MA, LCAT, LMHC, LP, NCC
Offices in Westchester and in New York City
-Reconnect with the Experience of Aliveness-